Trade Analyst, Jakarta
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Australia-Indonesia Partnership for Economic Governance (AIPEG) is a Government of Australia funded project assisting Indonesia in undertaking economic and financial policy reforms. SMEC International, the Managing Contractor, seeks applications for a qualified Trade Analyst for a full-time role until September 2018 in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The Trade Analyst will provide research and analytical support in trade and competitiveness. The position will undertake technical and analytical backstopping to Indonesia's domestic coordination process on trade in services and global value chains. The role will provide analysis which advances Indonesia's interests in regional and bilateral trade engagements.
The Trade Analyst will possess strong qualifications and experience in trade policy making processes, including:
- A minimum of 5 years’ professional and related academic experience working on tariff and trade policy and related economic issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge of economic concepts and policies, particularly relating to international trade (including services trade), investment policy and GVCs.
- Strong research and technical skills, with an ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines, and demonstrated ability for accuracy under pressure.
- Demonstrated advanced understanding of regional integration issues, particularly with respect to ASEAN, AEC, APEC, RCEP, FTAAP and bilateral engagements, (especially trade in goods and services aspects).
- Willingness to work long hours as required, perform tasks outside the usual job scope, and willingness to travel frequently at short notice.
- Demonstrated ability to build, develop and maintain sound working relationships with government representatives, public and private sector organisations and other stakeholders.
HOW TO APPLY
- Download the Terms of Reference (ToR) and Application Form from this link or by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit the Application Form and your CV to email@example.com. Applications submitted through an alternate email address or website will not be considered.
- Closing date is 9.00 AM (Jakarta time) on Monday, 5 June 2017.
The remuneration is set according to the AIPEG National Remuneration Framework. Remuneration for the position may be set to a National Consultancy Level C1, with a starting gross monthly salary of IDR 23,903,000 and with increases dependent on the applicant’s skills and experience.
- Submission of an incomplete set of required documents may result in an application being unsuccessful.
- Only applications sent to firstname.lastname@example.org will be processed.
- The successful candidate will be expected to mobilise rapidly following negotiation of a contract.
- The recruitment team will only manage applications sent in English.
Selection will be made in accordance with Government of Australia procurement rules. SMEC is an equal opportunity employer.