Legal Advisers (3 positions), Jakarta
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Australia-Indonesia Partnership for Economic Governance (AIPEG) is a Government of Australia funded project assisting Indonesia in undertaking economic and financial policy reforms. SMEC International, the Managing Contractor, seeks applications for thee qualified Legal Advisers for up to 44 input days each until 31 August 2017 as follows:
- Legal Adviser – Supreme Court Training Materials: The Adviser will review and update the existing Manual on Insolvency (Supervisory Judges Handbook) at the Supreme Court Training Center.
- Legal Adviser – Expansion of Commercial Court Jurisdiction: The Adviser will be responsible for reviewing the Commercial Court's performance; management needs; and recommendations on expanding the court’s jurisdiction.
- Legal Adviser – Electronic Court System: The Adviser will be responsible for reviewing the current legislation and drafting policy and/or regulation on electronic case registration.
Candidates can apply for more than one position. Should a candidate be appointed to more than one position, the number of input days and timings will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Candidates will possess strong qualifications and experience to support relevant legal and policy making processes, including:
- Relevant academic qualifications in law or a related discipline, with postgraduate qualifications and a research record of achievement preferred.
- A minimum of five years’ professional experience working at a senior and strategic decision making level relevant to the Scope of Services for the role.
- A deep understanding of the Indonesian legal sector including court system and business processes, as well as relevant Ease of Doing Business considerations.
- Experience working with high level government officials and engaging with various stakeholders in relevant sectors.
Excellent written, oral and presentation skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
HOW TO APPLY
- Download the Terms of Reference (ToR) and Application Form from this link or by writing to email@example.com.
- Submit the Application Form and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications submitted through an alternate email address or website will not be considered.
- Closing date is 9.00 AM (Jakarta time) on Monday, 19 June 2017.
The remuneration is set according to the AIPEG National Remuneration Framework. Remuneration for the position may be set to a National Consultancy Level C3, with a starting gross daily salary of IDR 4,933,000. Increases in remuneration are dependent on the applicant’s skills and experience.
- Submission of an incomplete set of required documents may result in an application being unsuccessful.
- Only applications sent to email@example.com will be processed.
- The successful candidate will be expected to mobilise rapidly following negotiation of a contract.
- The recruitment team will only manage applications sent in English.
Selection will be made in accordance with Government of Australia procurement rules. SMEC is an equal opportunity employer.