Executive Director of Indonesia Service Dialogue
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Indonesia Services Dialogue comprises the private sector, government and academia and advocates policy and regulatory reforms to enhance the Indonesian services sector, and to support trade negotiations and export policy. The Australia-Indonesia Partnership for Economic Governance (AIPEG) is a Government of Australia funded project assisting the Indonesia Services Dialogue to develop industry priorities and articulate these priorities to government officials and agencies.
The Indonesia Service Dialogue and the Managing Contractor of AIPEG, SMEC International, seeks applications for a qualified Executive Director for a period up to February 2018, with options for extension.
The Executive Director will lead the Indonesia Services Dialogue as it embarks on a new Strategic Plan. The Executive Director will implement campaigns to voice and advocate the interests of members and the Indonesian services industry. The Executive Director will work under the guidance of the Board to design and realise programs and activities, and recruit and retain memberships
The Executive Director will possess strong qualifications and experience, including:
- Strong experience in corporate communications and extensive working experience in the private sector, preferably with services providers and users.
- A wide network of contacts among key private sector players and extensive experience interfacing with the GOI on policy/regulatory issues.
- Exceptional advocacy and diplomacy skills and strong experience in applying these to a campaigns focused reform agenda.
- A minimum of 10 years’ professional experience working on economic policy issues in Indonesia and a strong understanding of relevant regulatory, trade, investment and competition policies.
- Experience advising or working with a broad range of GOI policy agencies - preferably including BKPM, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Trade, Coordinating Ministry of the Economy, KPPU, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Transport and OJK - complemented by experience working with business representatives, donor agencies and research groups.
- Tertiary qualifications in economics and/or a related discipline, with post-graduate qualifications preferred.
- Excellent team work and communication skills - with fluency in English (both written and oral), including advocacy and presentation skills.
HOW TO APPLY
- Download the Terms of Reference (ToR) and Application Form from this link or by writing to email@example.com.
- Submit the Application Form and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications submitted through an alternate email address or website will not be considered.
- Closing date is 9.00 AM (Jakarta time) on Monday, 10 July 2017.
- Submission of an incomplete set of required documents may result in an application being unsuccessful.
- Only applications sent to email@example.com will be processed.
- The successful candidate will be expected to mobilise rapidly following negotiation of a contract.
- The recruitment team will only manage applications sent in English.
Selection will be made in accordance with Government of Australia procurement rules. SMEC is an equal opportunity employer.