Research Officer (Infrastructure), Jakarta
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Australia-Indonesia Partnership for Economic Governance (AIPEG) is a Government of Australia funded project assisting Indonesia in undertaking economic and financial policy reforms. SMEC International, the Managing Contractor, seeks applications for a qualified Research Officer (Infrastructure) for a fulltime position until 28 February 2018.
The Research Officer (RO) will provide the analytical foundation for AIPEG’s program of work on infrastructure policy. This work is used to help the Government of Indonesia identify and overcome the infrastructure-related constraints to sustainable and equitable economic growth. The RO will contribute data analysis and research related to infrastructure policy issues such as: infrastructure’s impact on economic growth; the effectiveness and efficiency of public spending on infrastructure; State Owned Enterprise reform; Public Private Partnership policy; and encouraging private sector investment in infrastructure.
The successful candidate will possess strong qualifications and experience to support infrastructure policy reform, including:
- A degree in economics, management, accounting, finance, or a related discipline of at least Bachelors level. Post-graduate qualifications are advantageous.
- A minimum of 2 years’ professional experience as an economic or financial analyst. Strong quantitative analysis skills are essential.
- Ability to research well-defined questions, articulate issues, and propose solutions.
- Knowledge and experience working on the Indonesian economy and with Indonesian policymakers.
- Proven ability to work independently on short, well-defined tasks, and to take the initiative to progress deliverables.
- Excellent written communication skills with fluency in Bahasa Indonesia and English (both written and oral).
- Excellent data analysis skills in Microsoft excel, including organising and graphing data. Experience with other data analysis software (e.g. Stata, R, EViews) is also desirable.
HOW TO APPLY
- Download the Terms of Reference (ToR) and Application Form from this link or by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit the Application Form and your CV to email@example.com. Applications submitted through an alternate email address or website will not be considered.
- Closing date is 9.00 AM (Jakarta time) on Monday, 21 August 2017.
The remuneration is set according to the AIPEG National Remuneration Framework. Remuneration for the position may be set to a National Consultancy Level C1, with a starting gross monthly salary of IDR 23,903,000. Increases in remuneration are dependent on the applicant’s skills and experience.
- Submission of an incomplete set of required documents may result in an application being unsuccessful.
- Only applications sent to firstname.lastname@example.org will be processed.
- The successful candidate will be expected to mobilise rapidly following negotiation of a contract.
- The recruitment team will only manage applications sent in English.
Selection will be made in accordance with Government of Australia procurement rules. SMEC is an equal opportunity employer.