Economist (Infrastructure Policy)
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Australia-Indonesia Partnership for Economic Governance (AIPEG) is a Government of Australia funded project assisting Indonesia in undertaking economic and financial policy reforms. SMEC International, the Managing Contractor, seeks applications for a qualified Economist (Infrastructure Policy) for a fulltime position until 28 February 2018.
The Economist (Infrastructure Policy) will contribute to AIPEG’s program of work on infrastructure policy. This expertise is required to assist the Government of Indonesia in identifying and overcoming the infrastructure-related constraints to sustainable and equitable economic growth. The Economist will contribute economic, financial and policy analysis on complex issues such as: infrastructure’s impact on economic growth; the effectiveness and efficiency of public spending on infrastructure; State Owned Enterprise reform; Public Private Partnership policy; and encouraging private sector investment in infrastructure.
The successful candidate will possess strong qualifications and experience to support infrastructure policy reform, including:
- A degree in economics, management, accounting, finance, or a related discipline of at least Bachelors level. Post-graduate qualifications are advantageous.
- At least five (5) years working experience in economics or a related discipline. Some experience in the infrastructure sector strongly preferred. Experience in public sector or commercial advisory strongly preferred.
- Understanding of the role of key institutions in delivering infrastructure in Indonesia.
- Proven ability to design and undertake economic and/or financial analysis of infrastructure and public-sector economics related topics.
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in English and Indonesian (both written and oral). Proven ability to write clear and concise reports and presentations in Indonesian and English.
- Proven ability to work independently—for example, set up and conduct meetings, analyse data, and draft reports—with little supervision, and to take the initiative to progress deliverables.
- Experience in producing deliverables for external clients and managing client relationships. Some experience with the Indonesian government and/or state-owned enterprises preferred.
- Computing proficiency with Microsoft products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
HOW TO APPLY
- Download the Terms of Reference (ToR) and Application Form from this link or by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit the Application Form and your CV to email@example.com. Applications submitted through an alternate email address or website will not be considered.
- Closing date is 9.00 AM (Jakarta time) on Monday, 21 August 2017.
The remuneration is set according to the AIPEG National Remuneration Framework. Remuneration for the position may be set to a National Consultancy Level C2, with a starting gross monthly salary of IDR 52,144,000. Increases in remuneration are dependent on the applicant’s skills and experience.
- Submission of an incomplete set of required documents may result in an application being unsuccessful.
- Only applications sent to firstname.lastname@example.org will be processed.
- The successful candidate will be expected to mobilise rapidly following negotiation of a contract.
- The recruitment team will only manage applications sent in English.
Selection will be made in accordance with Government of Australia procurement rules. SMEC is an equal opportunity employer.